Talbot Hotel

The Talbot Hotel, Clifton Street was built between 1850 and 1870. In 1873 the license was granted to a certain Charles Brewster, who took over from Alexander Seed. In 1900 the Bath Street entrance was being used as the order office, under landlord Cornelius Salthouse, and this remained as the recreation room, until the major refurbishment during the 1980s. Now converted into a shopping complex.