About us

Welcome to Lytham Heritage Group

“Preserving and Promoting the History and Heritage of the Ancient Parish of Lytham”

Lytham Heritage  Group was established in 1987 to preserve and promote the history and heritage of the Ancient Parish of Lytham, which includes Lytham, Saltcotes, Ansdell, Fairhaven, Heyhouses, Kilgrimol and St Annes.

The Group with its large and active membership, regularly presents exhibitions and speakers. It also has wide ranging facilities including the Heritage Centre for exhibitions, the Archive Centre,  the Windmill Museum and old Lifeboat House.

Aims and Objectives 

The Group, founded in 1987 and granted charitable status (registered charity number 701152) as an educational charity in 1989, includes in its primary aims the following:

  • To educate and stimulate public interest in the history and heritage of the Ancient Parish of Lytham.
  • To form a collection of photographs, documents, films and other artefacts of a cultural nature.
  • To achieve our objectives by means of meetings, exhibitions, lectures, fund-raising for specific purposes and other work for the furtherance of these aims.
  • To preserve, protect, develop and improve buildings of historic or architectural interest for the public benefit.

President

Committee

Officers

Chairman

Sue Forshaw

@email

Deputy Chairman

Michael Bell

@email

Treasurer

Michael Bell

@email

Secretary

Jennifer Trueman

@email

Honorary Solicitor

Neville Dickinson

 

Member Positions

Archive Co-ordinator

David Hoyle

@email

Centre Exhibitions Co-ordinator

Hilary Fletcher

@email

Centre Exhibitions Supporter

Audrey Kirby

@email

Centre Stewards Co-ordinator

Jennifer Trueman

@email

Press & Publicity Co-ordinator

Peter Anthony

@email

Digital Media Co-ordinator

Phil Stringer

@email

Social / Speakers Co-ordinator

Sue Forshaw

@email

Windmill Exhibitions Co-ordinator

Steve Williams

@email

Windmill Stewards Co-ordinator

Steve Williams

@email

Old Lifeboat House Exhibitions Co-ordinator

Steve Williams

@email

Old Lifeboat House Stewards Co-ordinator

Steve Williams

@email

Accreditation

Michael Bell

@email

Other Roles

Antiquarian Co-ordinator David Forshaw @email

 

Hennet’s Map dates from the 1830’s and has been marked in red with the Ancient Parish of Lytham boundary…

Image
Hennet's map - 1830s