Welcome to Lytham Heritage Group
“Preserving and Promoting the History and Heritage of the Ancient Parish of Lytham”
Lytham Heritage Group was established in 1987 to preserve and promote the history and heritage of the Ancient Parish of Lytham, which includes Lytham, Saltcotes, Ansdell, Fairhaven, Heyhouses, Kilgrimol and St Annes.
The Group with its large and active membership, regularly presents exhibitions and speakers. It also has wide ranging facilities including the Heritage Centre for exhibitions, the Archive Centre, the Windmill Museum and old Lifeboat House.
Aims and Objectives
The Group, founded in 1987 and granted charitable status (registered charity number 701152) as an educational charity in 1989, includes in its primary aims the following:
- To educate and stimulate public interest in the history and heritage of the Ancient Parish of Lytham.
- To form a collection of photographs, documents, films and other artefacts of a cultural nature.
- To achieve our objectives by means of meetings, exhibitions, lectures, fund-raising for specific purposes and other work for the furtherance of these aims.
- To preserve, protect, develop and improve buildings of historic or architectural interest for the public benefit.
- Mrs. Audrey Kirkby - @email
|Centre Exhibitions Co-ordinator
|Centre Exhibitions Supporter
|Centre Stewards Co-ordinator
|Press & Publicity Co-ordinator
|Digital Media Co-ordinator
|Social / Speakers Co-ordinator
|Windmill Exhibitions Co-ordinator
|Old Lifeboat House Exhibitions Co-ordinator
|Windmill Stewards Co-ordinator
|Old Lifeboat House Stewards Co-ordinator
Hennet’s Map dates from the 1830’s and has been marked in red with the Ancient Parish of Lytham boundary…