Park St. Methodist

Park St Methodist

Park St Methodist

The origins of Methodism in Lytham started from a cottage in Bath Street which was a licensed preaching house. In 1846 a chapel which could accommodate 200 worshippers was built in Bath Street by T.C. Hincksman but by 1868 this was not large enough to hold all the summer visitors and it was replaced in 1868 by much large premises on Park St.When first erected it was known as the Wesleyan Chapel

Image
Park St Methodist
2004
Image
Park St Methodist
Image
Park St Methodist
1894